Ewe and Lamb 19%
This is a 19% cube with al the delicious attributes of our ration but cubed for those of you who prefer to feed a nut
- This nut can be fed both pre and post lambing if desired and is an essential feed if lambing in the winter months.
- Its inclusion of Vitagest will ensure that the ewe gets adequate intakes of selenium and Vitamin E, vital for lamb vigour and the reproductive cycle.
- The energy in this cube is delivered from maize and native cereals which will help maintain body condition score post lambing once complimented with high quality forages.
- Its high protein content is made up of only top quality ingredients including Soya Bean and digestible fibres to help prevent any pre-lambing upsets.
- The addition of Cal Mag aids in the prevention of grass tetany when ewes are let out of the grass after lambing.
- The cube also contains full rate minerals in addition to the Vitagest
The Importance of VITAGEST
Vitagest is organic selenium with enhanced vitamin E that’s blended together in a pre-mix and included in our Ewe & Lamb ration and cube.
Minerals play a very important role in a ewe’s diet, especially during pregnancy when their requirements increase for some minerals. The inclusion of enhanced vitamin E and selenium ensures:
- Increased lamb vigour
- Lamb stand and suckle earlier
- Increased vitamin E in colostrum helps increase immunity
- Lamb mortality rate decreases
- Plays a preventative role against mastitis
- Increased reproductive performance
Independent trials carried out in University College Dublin (UCD) have shown that feeding organic selenium plays a vital role in the above mentioned characteristics. This trial also shows lamb growth rates improved by 6.5% and weighed 2kgs heavier at 15 weeks of age.